San Francisco Unified School District.

On June 1st, the school district let parents choose any available spot without losing their waiting list preference. So here I was, at 4:30am, joining the line to get a better school (our assignment had been crappy, and we had not improved in the subsequent rounds of lottery). I was #6 in the line, which grew as the morning advanced, to about a 100 people at 8am when the doors opened. I actually swapped counselor with the couple #1 in line due to language issues (they wanted a Chinese speaker), so at least I got their spot in the line without sleeping over on the sidewalk like the husband in that couple did. In terms of school selection, it was all crappy, and the least worst choice was Rosa Parks Bicultural Japanese program, but Eustache most likely will go to a French private school.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home