Monday, June 15, 2009

Cull canyon and Lake Chabot.

We spent the day on 9/6/08 at Cull Canyon in the East Bay. I found the place because I had a campground reservation at Lake Chabot, by Castro Valley. You are not allowed to swim in the lake, so I wanted a swimming spot nearby, and the Lake Chabot rangers pointed Cull Canyon to me. They built a clean swimming lagoon, where they keep the water level constant. There is a minor charge to access the lagoon. It's very cute, and very surprising to find a nice sandy beach. Ralf, Clara and Josh and Evan joined us.

After Cull Canyon, we went to the Lake Chabot campground. I got lost in between, it took much longer than it should.

Kids had dinner. Clara and Evan disappeared after dinner, but Ralf and Josh stayed overnight.

Glorious morning hike down to the lake and back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home